|Pet Adoption Agreement
- In consideration for adopting the dog, I agree to the following conditions:
- To accept and consider the dog as a household companion, not as an outside pet, and to provide him/her with humane care and treatment, including proper food, water, shelter and exercise, and to give him/her a reasonable amount of time to adjust to new surroundings.
- To provide proper medical/veterinary care, including yearly checkups, vaccinations and heartworm prevention medicine, as well as veterinary care for unusual, symptoms such as loss of appetite, coughing, vomiting, diarrhea, blood in urine/stool, allergies, skin conditions and lethargy.
- To register the dog with, and obtain a dog license from the municipality where I live or as required by law.
- To safeguard the dog from loss or mishap.
This means not allowing the dog to run from large unsupervised.
- To immediately notify Stray from the Heart at (718) 544-9175 or (212) 496-1053, Petfinders (800) 666-5678, Pet Watch, (212) 744-6775, Petline (800) 564-5704, and the local New York City Center for Animal Care and Control (212) 744-6775 if the dog is lost, and to make every reasonable effort to recover the dog.
- NOT to give or sell the dog to another person, relative, rescue group, humane association, shelter or pound, or any medical or experimental laboratory or similar organization.
- NOT to change or alter the dog's appearance in any way, shape or form (e.g., cropping, docking).
- To immediately notify Stray from the Heart in the event of death and prior to disposal of the dog's body.
- To allow Stray from the Heart to make periodic visits to my home during the first 90 days following the signing of this and if considered necessary, to further periodic visits thereafter.
- To immediately notify Stray from the Heart of any change of address or telephone number within the first year following the signing of this contract, and of any change in circumstances which may prevent me from keeping the dog or to comply with any of the terms of this contract.
- I understand that the dog has been checked, spayed and vaccinated by a licensed veterinarian and that his/her state of health is accurately represented to the best knowledge of Stray from the Heart. However, I agree to have the dog examined by a licensed veterinarian within ten days of adoption. If upon such examination it is determined that the health of the animal is not satisfactory, I may return the dog only to Stray from the Heart and will not request a refund of my donation.
- I further understand that no representations are made as to the temperamental or mental disposition of the dog. Accordingly, I hereby adopt the dog at my own risk.
- I have read and fully understand the terms and conditions of this agreement, and agree that it is not arbitrary and that the provisions herein are common in pet adoption contracts. I further understand that if I fail to comply with any of the terms specified herein, Stray from the Heart has the right to reclaim the dog and to pursue any legal channels to do so.
"In consideration of Stray from the Heart allowing me
to adopt the dog, I promise and agree to be solely responsible for any damages to people or property caused by the dog(s).
I further promise and agree to indemnify and release Stray from the Heart, its Officers and Directors, of any and all liability arising from any
known, unknown, or any unanticipated damages to people or property caused by the dog(s). I am fully aware of, understand, and
agree to all the terms and conditions of this RELEASE
AND INDEMNIFICATION PROVISION, and that it is BINDING AND ENFORCEABLE BY LAW."